Massage 517 & Yoga COVID-19 Protocol and Practices
Since reopening after the shut down in March 2020, I have been following all of the Ohio State Medical Board requirements and some of my own to keep my clients and myself safe from COVID-19. These are to include the following:
* Wearing a face mask for all massages.
* Wearing an apron for all massages.
* Taking client temperature upon entry.
* Washing hands before and after all massages.
* Utilizing a plastic table cloth as a barrier between the table warmer and the sheets for post massage clean up.
* Utilizing a towel on the floor for clients' protection before and after getting on the table.
* Utilizing separate massage cream containers for each client.
* Discontinued face massage (unless client condition warrants).
* Utilizing a Shinto screen in front of the massage room door in lieu of closing the door for more air flow.
* Disposable paper towels are made available in the bathroom for hand drying and opening the door.
* Napkins and hand sanitizer are made available in the massage room.
* Client appointments are staggered, keeping an hour or more in between to allow for the massage room to air out.
* Massage linens are washed with bleach and hot water, including my aprons and the floor towels.
* Blankets are changed after each massage.
* Clients are required to complete a COVID-19 Informed Consent Form before their massage.
If you have any questions about my COVID-19 massage protocol, please feel free to contact me via my website contact form.
Stay safe and well.